After a hot day, there is nothing I want less than a heavy meal. This is why this summer salad, as part of our healthy dinner recipes, is so perfect for a light and delicious dinner. Whenever I make a salad, I try to incorporate what I have in the kitchen, and throw in new flavors and textures. Last night, I purchased delicious nectarines, so I added it to the salad along with salmon I broiled earlier.
Ingredients (Try to use local & organic, when possible):
* A cup of green chard
* A cup of kale
* Two large nectarines
* Two small apples
* Organic Flax Seeds
(as an added boost of protein)
* One tablespoon of olive oil
* One tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
* Salt and pepper (to taste)
1. Wash the fruit and vegetables.
2. Pit and cut the apples and nectarines, cut the chard and kale.
3. Throw in the flax seeds.
3. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
4. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
Simple Natural Solutions is your source of tips, tricks, recipes and advice for a healthier lifestyle. Sometimes, making a few small changes at home will make dramatic differences for your and your family’s health. Visit www.simplenaturalsolutions.com for more information.