The search for what to make for dinner never ends. You want something healthy, your child wants something delicious, and your husband wants something different. Trying to combine all our wishes, I am on a constant search for a new recipe for chicken. I was on the lookout for a recipe for healthy chicken nuggets when I remembered that my mom is famous for making a Russian dish called “Katleti.” I called her to get this delicious breaded chicken recipe, and it came out so good, that I wanted to share it with all of you. As always, I urge you to use organic and local ingredients when possible.
Healthy Breaded Chicken Recipe
* 1 pound of dark ground chicken meat
* 1 egg
* 1 carrot
* 1/4 medium onion
* 2 cloves of garlic
* 1/2 cup of organic whole wheat bread crumbs
* 1 tablespoon of cooking oil
* salt and pepper (to taste)
1. Chop the carrot, onion and garlic into small pieces in a blender or food processor.
2. Mix the ground chicken meat, egg, carrot, onion, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
3. Heat the cooking oil in a medium size skillet.
4. Scoop the meat with a tablespoon and coat with breadcrumbs (size of meatballs, but oval and flat).
5. Grill on the skillet for about four minutes per size (adjust time to temperature).
For more information and delicious recipes, visit http://www.simplenaturalsolutions.com