When you have kids to feed, you want to make something quick, easy and healthy. I don’t know about your little ones, but my four-year-old is not a fan of zucchini. However, when I make these delicious zucchini fritters, he … Continue reading →
As a mom, there is nothing more satisfying than coming up with healthy dinner ideas that are not only delicious, but are good for my family. I love taking traditional recipes, such as those for latkes, and tweaking them a bit to stuff the most nutrition in without sacrificing taste. Check out this easy, fast and delicious recipe cauliflower and potato latkes.
*As always, I recommend using local and organic ingredients when possible.
Cauliflower & Potato Latkes
* Six medium potatoes
* Half of a medium-size cauliflower head
* One cup of Whole wheat flour
* 2 Eggs
* One quarter of a medium onion
* One quarter of a medium clove of garlic
* Salt and pepper (to taste)
* Flax Seed (this ingredient is completely voluntary, but I add it because it’s healthy and easy to sneak it for added nutrition)
1. Peel the potatoes.
2. In a food processor, shred the cauliflower, potatoes, garlic and onion. (If a food processor is not available, manually shred the cauliflower and potatoes, and finely chop the garlic and onion).
3. Add the flower, eggs, flax seeds, salt and pepper.
5. Preheat a skillet with your choice of vegetable oil.
6. Doll out spoon-size chunks of the mixture. Flip after about two minutes (each side should be golden brown and crispy on the outside).
7. Enjoy with some sour cream or apple sauce.
Who doesn’t love pizza? I don’t know any adult or child who doesn’t. Now imagine if you can get your hands on a pizza recipe that wasn’t just healthy, but also really quick to make? That would be unbelievable, right? … Continue reading →