If you’re in the mood for a healthy salad with a little bit of a kick, why not try an avocado orange kale salad. Avocados are the best source of vitamin E you can find in fruit, and it helps you to better absorb the other nutrients. Orange is a great source of vitamin C. And kale is a super food, with high fiber, iron, vitamin K, vitamin A and calcium, according to mindbodygreen.com. (Please note that based on the Dirty Dozen‘s recommendations, I have labeled which foods I recommend to buy organic).
* Half a stalk of organic kale
* 1 avocado
* 2 small oranges
* 2 cucumbers
* 2 organic tomatoes
* 1/4 large onion
* 1 tablespoon cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil
* 1 tablespoon organic apple cider vinegar
* dash of salt and pepper
* 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
1. Peel avocado, onion and oranges.
2. Cut all fruit and vegetables into small cubes.
3. Place in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil and vinegar, garnish with chia seeds and salt and pepper.
Click here for more delicious and healthy recipes!
Simple Natural Solutions is your source of tips, tricks, recipes and advice for a healthier lifestyle. Sometimes, making a few small changes at home will make dramatic differences for your and your family’s health. Visit www.simplenaturalsolutions.com for more information.